Mint Truffle Fudge
- 16 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped fine (or use good quality chocolate chips)
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 cup chopped chocolate mint candies (see tip below for suggestions)
- Line 8x8-inch baking pan with foil and spray lightly with nonstick spray.
- In a medium, heatproof bowl. Toss 1st two chocolates with baking soda and salt. Stir in sweetened condensed milk and peppermint extract. Set bowl over 4-quart saucepan containing 2 cups simmering water. Stir with rubber spatula until chocolate is almost fully melted and few small pieces remain, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Remove bowl from heat and continue to stir until chocolate is fully melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in chopped chocolate mints. Scrape fudge into prepared pan and spread in an even layer with rubber spatula. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours (or longer). Remove fudge from pan using foil. Peel off foil and cut into squares.
Yield: 30 to 40 pieces of fudge
*For chocolate-mints, use chopped up Hershey’s Mint Truffle Kisses or Andes Mints (or any other kind).
*If you want, you can reserve a few pieces of the mints to stick into the top of the fudge (for decorative effect!)